The U.S. Mission is now accepting applications for the 2019 Fulbright Foreign Student Program. This program awards grants to Ugandan university faculty and others to pursue advanced degree, non-degree, or research programs in the United States. Although core exchanges are with
Universities, candidates who are affiliated with other educational, cultural, or professional institutions may apply.
Successful applicants for this program must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be citizens of Uganda;
- Have a minimum of three years of teaching experience at a university or comparable institution of higher learning and be committed to work at an educational institution in Uganda upon completion of the designated program;
- Possess at least a bachelor’s degree;
- Be fluent in English;
- Have outstanding academic records, references and preparation in their chosen field;
- Have satisfactory required test scores (GRE or GMAT, TOEFL);
- Have high motivation and serious commitment to completing the program within a specific time-frame and to returning home;
- Applications must detail the applicant’s specific area of intended academic emphasis within the broader discipline;
- Applicants seeking to pursue a Ph.D. must detail their intended research area and be prepared to submit a writing sample.
All applications must be submitted on-line at https://iie.embark.com/apply/ffsp
Copies of certificates, transcripts and letters of recommendation should be uploaded onto each applicant’s online application.
Only final nominees will be required to take the TOEFL and GRE/GMAT tests after screening and interviews.
Applicants are free to attach score reports if they have them. Applications are reviewed by a local
selection panel. Final nominations are reviewed in the United States and selections made by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board. While applicants can specify where they would like to study in the U.S., ultimate institutional placement for successful candidates is made by the Institute of International Education (IIE).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted after review of the applications.
Deadline for applications is March 29, 2018.