2022 Fulbright Foreign Student Program | Call for applications
The U.S. Mission is now accepting applications for the 2022 Fulbright Foreign Student Program. This program awards grants to Ugandan university faculty and others to pursue advanced degree, non-degree, or research programs in the United States. Although typical exchanges are with universities, candidates who are affiliated with other educational, cultural, or professional institutions may apply.
Successful applicants for this program must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be citizens of Uganda;
- Possess at least a bachelor’s degree;
- Have a minimum of three years of teaching or working experience at a university, educational, professional or cultural institution and be committed to return to work in Uganda upon completion of their program;
- Be fluent in English;
- Have outstanding academic records, references and preparation in their chosen field;
- Have satisfactory required test scores (final nominees will be required to take GRE or GMAT, TOEFL after screening and interviews).
- Have high motivation and serious commitment to completing the program within a specific time-frame and to returning home;
- Applications must detail the applicant’s specific area of intended academic emphasis within the broader discipline;
- Applicants seeking to pursue a Ph.D. must detail their intended research area and be prepared to submit a writing sample.
Application form can be found and should be submitted on-line at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2022
Please have all required information and documentation entered, uploaded and submitted onto your online application by the application deadline. This includes copies of certificates, transcripts and letters of recommendation. Please do not email, mail, or hand deliver any documents to our office.
Applicants may attach test score reports if they have already taken the tests. Applications are reviewed by a selection panel. Final nominations are reviewed in the United States and selections made by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board. While applicants can suggest where they would like to study in the U.S., ultimate institutional placement for successful candidates is made by the Institute of International Education (IIE).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted after review of the applications.
Deadline for applications is March 25, 2021.