2024 Fulbright Foreign Student Program | Call for applications | Closing: March 31, 2023.
The U.S. Mission is now accepting applications for the 2024 Fulbright Foreign Student Program. This program awards grants to pursue advanced degree, non-degree, or research programs in the United States. Although typical exchanges are with universities, candidates who are affiliated with other educational, cultural, or professional institutions may apply.
Successful applicants for this program must meet all the following criteria:
- Be citizens of Uganda.
- Possess at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Have a minimum of three years of teaching or working experience following your bachelor’s degree and be committed to return to work in Uganda upon completion of their program.
- Be fluent in English.
- Have outstanding academic records, references and preparation in their chosen field.
- Have satisfactory required test scores (final nominees will be required to take GRE or GMAT, TOEFL after the screening and interview stage).
- Have high motivation and serious commitment to completing the program within a specific timeframe and to returning home.
- Applications must detail the applicant’s specific area of intended academic emphasis within the broader discipline.
- Applicants seeking to pursue a Ph.D. must detail their intended research area and be prepared to submit a writing sample.
Application form can be found and should be submitted on-line at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2024/
Please have all required information and documentation entered, uploaded and submitted onto your online application by the application deadline. This includes copies of certificates, transcripts and letters of recommendation. Please do not email, mail, or hand deliver any documents to our office.
Applicants may attach test score reports if they have already taken the tests. Applications are reviewed by a selection panel. Final nominations are reviewed in the United States and selections made by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board. While applicants can suggest where they would like to study in the U.S., ultimate institutional placement for successful candidates is made by the Institute of International Education (IIE).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted after review of the applications.
Deadline for applications is March 31, 2023.