2025 Fulbright Foreign Student Program – Call for Applications
The U.S. Mission is now accepting applications for the 2025 Fulbright Foreign Student Program. This program awards grants to pursue advanced degree, non-degree and research programs in the United States. Although typical exchanges are with universities, candidates who are affiliated with other educational, cultural, or professional institutions may apply.
Successful applicants for this program must meet all the following criteria:
- Be citizens of Uganda.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- Have a minimum of three years of teaching or working experience following your bachelor’s degree and be committed to return to work in Uganda upon completion of their program.
- Be fluent in English.
- Have outstanding academic records, references and preparation in their chosen field.
- Have satisfactory required test scores (final nominees will be required to take GRE or GMAT, TOEFL after the screening and interview stage).
- Have high motivation and serious commitment to completing the program within a specific timeframe and to returning home.
- Applications must detail the applicant’s specific area of intended academic emphasis within the broader discipline.
- Applicants seeking to pursue a Ph.D. must detail their intended research area and be prepared to submit a writing sample.
- Nominees with no extensive or recent U.S. experience will be given preference.
Application forms can be found and submitted on-line at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2025
Please have all required documentation entered, uploaded and submitted onto your online application by the application deadline. This includes digital copies of certificates, transcripts and three letters of recommendation. Please do not email or hand deliver any documents to our office.
Applicants may attach test score reports if they have already taken the tests. Applications are reviewed by a selection panel. Final nominations are reviewed in the United States and selections made by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board. While applicants can suggest where they would like to study in the U.S., ultimate institutional placement for successful candidates is made by the Institute of International Education (IIE).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted after review of the applications.
Deadline for applications is April 1, 2024.