Location: Entebbe International Airport (EBB) Entebbe, Uganda.
Event: The Ugandan Ministry of Health announced that as a public health precaution, following a reported outbreak of Ebola Virus in a remote northwestern province of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Ugandan authorities initiated temperature and observational screening of flights and passengers which originated from hotspot areas in the Democratic Republic of Congo and arriving at points of entry into Uganda including Entebbe International Airport (EBB) and at land-border-crossings with DRC. The World Health Organization has reported 33 possible cases of Ebola virus disease in the DRC, including 18 deaths. Ebola is one of the causes of viral hemorrhagic fever.
Actions to Take:
- Review the country page.
- Visit the CDC Travelers Health Page.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution and Country Specific Information for Uganda.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Kampala, located at Plot 1577 Ggaba Road, Nsambya, the Consular Section at tel. +256-414-30-6800 from Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +256-414-30-6001.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.