Event: Effective November 8, all travelers to the United States by air must attest to their COVID-19 vaccination status and undergo testing.
Fully vaccinated U.S. citizen travelers must continue to provide a negative COVID-19 test within three calendar days of traveling or documentation of recovery in the previous 90 days. See Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance on what constitutes full vaccination here.
Unvaccinated U.S. citizen travelers two years of age or older will need to provide a negative COVID-19 test taken within one calendar day of traveling or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 in the previous 90 days. U.S. citizen travelers who are younger than two years of age will need to provide a negative COVID-19 test taken within three calendar days of departure or documentation of recovery in the previous 90 days. If unvaccinated children are traveling with their parents, they will follow the same testing requirements as their parents.
The CDC requires either a PCR test or an antigen test. Antibody tests are not accepted. See here for important details.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the CDC website for the latest guidance regarding testing requirements.
- Check with your air carriers or travel representative prior to departure for the United States.
- Check COVID Country Specific Information for updated information on COVID-19 related to the availability of testing.
- Visit travel.state.gov to view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Click here for our Travel to the U.S. FAQs.
- U.S. Embassy Kampala, Uganda, 1577 Ggaba Road, Kampala, Uganda+256-414-306-001Email: KampalaUSCitizen@state.govWebsite: https://ug.usembassy.gov/ Tel:
- State Department – Consular Affairs888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444 or 202-501-4444 Tel:
- Uganda Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.