JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
U.S. Mission Uganda
Announcement Number: Kampala-2018-030
Position Title: Chauffeur
Opening Period: 7/9/2018 – 7/20/2018
Series/Grade: FSN 03 FSN 1015
Salary: UGX 30,890,408 – UGX 45,289,485
For More Info: KampalaHR@state.gov
Who May Apply: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification or Public Trust
Duration Appointment: Indefinite
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Uganda is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Chauffeur.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time, 45 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time following receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: Operates a passenger vehicle according to the supervisor’s instructions to transport personnel and official visitors within the city and surrounding areas, deliver documents, performs minor repairs and maintenance and general cleaning of the vehicle. He/she reports to the NIH Director.
Download : Position Description
Qualifications and Evaluations
EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school (O & A level) is required.
EXPERIENCE: Two years’ experience working as a chauffeur is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Familiarity with local traffic laws and patterns.
LANGUAGE: Level III (good working knowledge) speaking/reading English ability is required. . (This may be tested)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (This may be tested.)
Must have a valid local driver’s license for combined types of vehicles. Class B, CM & DL .
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/VA-Definitions-and-Additional-Employment-Considerations.pdf
How to Apply All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local Security Certification or Public Trust clearance.
- All applications must be submitted online.
- Applicants shall be required to register under the careers page for U.S. Embassy Kampala using the link below http://usembassykampala.myafricanjobs.com/. For further assistance call 0414306001
- You will receive confirmation of registration and proceed to apply.
- On completion of this process, you will receive an auto response via your email.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site https://ug.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/ . For further assistance call 0414306001.
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Uganda.