VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 10-18
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates/All Sources
POSITION: Chauffeur/Expeditor – Re-advertised
OPENING DATE: February 20, 2018
CLOSING DATE: March 05, 2018
WORK HOURS: Full-time, 45 hours/week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN5– Ugshs 38,561,734.00 p.a. Inclusive of allowances
Not Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-AA *Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix A for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission in Uganda is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Chauffeur/Expeditor.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Incumbent follows a work schedule provided by the DAO. Drives DAO to/from official functions and to locations outside Kampala. Delivers and picks up documents. Drives visiting American Officials as instructed and maintains 5 vehicles in clean and neat conditions at all times. Checks oil, water, gas and tires daily. Follows up with maintenance schedules to ensure that cars are checked on a regular basis and that tune ups are performed. Ensure assigned vehicle(s) are in proper working order and all required maintenance is performed. Conduct vehicle inspections following guidelines from inspection checklist provided by current DIA forms. Document daily inspections and arrange for corrective action on all discrepancies found/noted. Schedule vehicle for routine maintenance (oil changes, tune-ups, etc.) Ensure that vehicles are clean and serviceable at all times. Document vehicle movements on current DIA form(s) to track utilization. Document vehicle expenditure to track cost efficiency of assets. Fill out accident reports when necessary.
Download: Position Description
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school (both ‘O and A’ level) is required.
EXPERIENCE: Two years’ experience as a chauffeur is required.
LANGUAGE: Level III English (Good Working Knowledge) is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be responsible, self-motivated and works with little supervision. Must be able to perform emergency road service and be able to coordinate for road service assistance. Occasionally have to load and unload heavy luggage and packages. Must be able to navigate through Entebbe Airport and achieve positive connections inside airport security, Civil Aviation Authority, Entebbe Ground Handling Services, and VIP section of Entebbe Airport.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have good knowledge of automotive maintenance. Must have a valid driver’s license. Must be familiar with local traffic laws and area traffic patterns.
When qualified, applicants who are U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and/or preference-eligible U.S. Veterans are given a preference in hiring. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants make themselves known as having a hiring preference and specifically address the required qualifications above in their application.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a security clearance.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
1. All applications must be submitted online.
2. Applicants shall be required to register under the careers page for US Embassy Kampala using the link below http://usembassykampala.myafricanjobs.com/. For further assistance call 0414306001
3. You will receive confirmation of registration and proceed to apply.
4. On completion of this process you will receive an auto response via your email.