JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
U.S. Mission Uganda
Announcement Number: Kampala-2021-043 RA1
Position Title: CLO Administrative Assistant
Opening Period: 3/7/2022 – 3/27/2022
Salary: USD $34,770 (Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.)
For More Info: Human Resources Officer: Bridget C. Kissinger
Who May Apply: Current Employees of the Mission – All Agencies and/or U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs); Eligible Family Members (EFMs); or declared Members of Household (MOHs); dependents of U.S. Personal Services Contract (USPSC) who are assigned under COM – All Agencies
Security Clearance Required: Top Secret security clearance
Duration Appointment: FMA not to exceed 5 years
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply:
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Uganda is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of CLO Administrative Assistant.
The work schedule for this position is:
• Part Time, 20 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period following receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: The CLO Administrative Assistant assists the CLO Coordinator in the day-to-day operations, development, and management of post programs to maintain high morale in community members.
The CLO Administrative Assistant identifies needs within the post community and responds with effective programming, information resources and referrals. The incumbent works under the loose supervision of the CLO Coordinator and is expected to interact independently with CLO clientele and resources throughout Kampala.
Download: Detailed Position Description | PD- CLO Admin Assistant
Qualifications and Evaluations
EDUCATION: High school diploma required.
EXPERIENCE: 3 years of office or professional work experience.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have working knowledge of event planning and local recreational facilities. Familiarity with American social, cultural events, customs and practices are important. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and the Internet for research, and graphic programs such as Photoshop and Microsoft Publisher.
Evaluations: (This may be tested)
LANGUAGE: English Level 3 (Good working knowledge, speaking, reading, and writing) is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Applying excellent interpersonal relationship skills; establishing priorities and organizing a large amount of varied information; exercising tact in dealing with the public; and drafting correspondence in precise and correct English are required skills for this position. Must be able to obtain and hold a Top-Secret Security clearance.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/VA-Definitions-and-Additional-Employment-Considerations.pdf
FURTHER, THE FOLLOWING APPLY TO EFMs, USEFMs, and AEFMs ONLY:
1. Current employees who used a hiring preference to gain employment who are within their first 90 calendar days of employment are not eligible to apply.
2. Candidates with a hiring preference who have already accepted a conditional offer of employment may NOT be extended a second conditional offer of employment unless and until they withdraw their candidacy for the first position in writing.
3. The following may also be considered when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, etc.
4. If selected, EFMs are expected to serve in the position for at least one year from the date of hire, and their sponsor’s tour of duty must allow sufficient time for this.
How to Apply:
1. All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Top-Secret security clearance.
All applications must be submitted online. Applicants shall be required to register under the careers page for U.S. Embassy Kampala following instructions on the link below:
2. For further assistance call 0414-306001
3. You will receive confirmation of registration and proceed to apply.
4. On completion of this process, you will receive an auto response via your email.
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Uganda.