JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
U.S. Mission Uganda
Announcement Number: Kampala-2020-010
Position Title: Community Liaison Office Coordinator (CLO)
Opening Period: 02/12/2020 – 02/26/2020
Salary: USD 42,149 (Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.)
For More Info: Human Resources Officer
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
Security Clearance Required: Top Secret security clearance
Duration Appointment: FMA not to exceed 5 years
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply (https://careers.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Eight-Qualities-of-Overseas-Employees.pdf )
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Uganda is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Community Liaison Office Coordinator.
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time, 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time following receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: The CLO is responsible for developing and managing a program based on community demographics and post-specific needs. Development and implementation of the program has direct impact on post morale and affects overall work performance, productivity, retention, community spirit, and individual and family well-being in a foreign environment. The CLO develops evaluation criteria and conducts periodic surveys to assess program efficacy. Based on analysis of formal and informal surveys, the CLO develops and implements a long-range program plan that outlines goals to maintain and enhance morale at post.
The duties of the CLO are defined in eight areas of responsibility: employment liaison, crisis management and security liaison, education liaison, information and resource management, guidance and referral, welcoming and orientation, community liaison, and events planning. The CLO develops and administers a program plan across the eight areas, which is client-driven and responsive to post-specific needs.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three years of professional work experience required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: The complexity of issues in the daily administration of the program requires knowledge of pertinent DOS regulations, programs, and policies, as well as host-country laws, practices, and more. This knowledge is particularly critical to performance of CLO duties in employment liaison, education liaison, crisis management, and security liaison where USG and State Department regulation, policies and initiatives govern programs and benefits critical to the general well-being of FS employees and family members overseas.
LANGUAGE: English Level 3 (Good working knowledge, speaking, reading, and writing) is required. This may be tested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Standard knowledge of Microsoft computer environment required; ability to draft and edit material for correspondence and publication required. Ability to demonstrate good interpersonal/customer service skills required.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass a security certification.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/VA-Definitions-and-Additional-Employment-Considerations.pdf
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Top Secret security clearance.
- All applications must be submitted online. Applicants shall be required to register under the careers page for U.S. Embassy Kampala following instructions on the link below
- For further assistance call 0414-306001
- You will receive confirmation of registration and proceed to apply.
- On completion of this process, you will receive an auto response via your email.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Degree/ education transcripts
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Uganda.