Last updated: [12/9/2022]
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Uganda Entry and Exit Requirements
- All in-bound and out-bound travelers are required to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. Travelers are encouraged to bring paper copies of their vaccinations. Passengers traveling out of the country, will be required to abide by the travel, health, and COVID-19 related requirements of the transit and destination country.
- Travelers with partial or no vaccination are required to a present a negative PCR test done within 72 hours of travel. Travelers below 5 years of age are not required to present a negative PCR test upon arrival or departure.
- In-bound and out-bound travelers are subject to temperature screening at the Entebbe International Airport.
- Are U.S. Citizens required to quarantine? No
- COVID testing is available at public and private clinics in Uganda. Test results are typically available within 24 –72 hours depending on laboratory and location. Turnaround times vary outside of major metropolitan cities, and it will be important to confirm the turnaround time with each lab. Results are usually obtained by text, or email. We encourage travelers to print out their COVID test results.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Are vaccines available in Uganda for U.S. Citizens to receive? Yes
- Vaccines are available at public health facilities. Uganda is part of the global COVAX initiative and has received several types of vaccine. The country has AstraZeneca, Moderna, and Sinovac available for free to anyone (including U.S. citizens), although recipients are not able to choose which vaccine they receive. Pfizer vaccine will be available next year.
- Those aged 12 and above are eligible for COVID vaccination.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- Government of Uganda Ministry of Health COVID-19 website, Twitter: @MinofHealthUG
CDC page on COVID-19
Travel.State.gov Country Information and Travel Advisory page