Ugandan Security Agencies and other media are reporting that a group of political activists are currently organizing supporters for an event planned at Entebbe International Airport on October 5, 2023.
According to the Police, organizers of this event intend to conduct a procession starting from Entebbe International Airport and proceeding through several areas, including Kitoro, Katabi, Kitala, Kitende, Kajjansi, Lubowa, the Central Business District (CBD), Kalerwe, and finally up to Magere, Kasangati.
There are reports of check points on Entebbe Road and potential disruptions in the central Entebbe and Kampala business districts starting late October 4, 2023, and continuing through October 5, 2023. Travelers are encouraged to use the expressway to reach the international airport. Large peaceful gatherings can turn violent at any moment.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid protest areas and demonstrations
- Monitor local media for updates
- Avoid crowds
- Keep a low profile
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Notify friends and family of your safety
- Review your security plans
- Have your travel documents up to date and easily accessible
- Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Ugandan visa