Locations: Precise location unknown. The following areas are most likely:
Event: Politically motivated protests and demonstrations are likely to occur throughout Uganda and especially in Kampala beginning on the morning of August 20, 2018. Increased traffic congestion is likely. The possibility of politically motivated demonstrations/public gatherings in other regions of Uganda are also likely.
Action to take:
- Avoid areas where demonstrations are taking place
- Exercise caution when in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
- Do not photograph police, military personnel, government buildings or protests
- Review your personal security plans
- Remain aware of your surroundings
- Monitor local news stations for updates
- U.S. Embassy in Uganda
+ 256 772 138 910
Email address for ACS section
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888 407 4747 or 202 501 4444
- Country Specific Information Uganda.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook