The American Center is reopening! Starting Monday February 8, 2021. The American Center is reopening to the public with COVID-19 restrictions in place.
Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Due to COVID, our in-person programs and events are postponed until further notice. Be sure to take part in our virtual events that are posted on social media.
Appointments can be made by placing a call to 0772 138 272, or through an online appointment scheduling system PickTime (registration required- please choose GMT as your time zone and include a phone number where we can reach you if needed).
Patrons may request either a morning, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30a.m. or afternoon 12:30p.m. – 4:30 p.m. timeslot on a first-come, first-serve basis. Up to five patrons may use the Center during each shift.
Health and safety of staff and visitors is our top priority. Here is what we are doing:
- Staff will wear masks at all times and maintain social distancing. Masks may not be removed for any reason- including speaking, eating, or drinking, while patrons are in the Center.
- A hand sanitizer station has been placed at the entrance of the American Center.
- Computer workstations have been arranged in a way to facilitate social distancing.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of the space, and equipment. With extra care paid to high-touch surfaces.
Here is what you must do:
- All patrons are required to wear masks while they are indoors. Masks may not be removed for any reason, including speaking or eating/drinking, while individuals are within the Center.
- All patrons / visitors are required to maintain a distance of at least 2 meters from others (one flagstick length).
- All patrons will be provided an orientation of SOPs prior to arrival (A note will be added in the appointment system).
- All patrons will use the alcohol-based hand sanitizer provided.
- Patrons will be assigned a computer terminal and/or seating space, depending on needs and should refrain from interacting with other patrons.
Thank you for doing your part to help stop the spread of COVID-19. See you soon!
The American Center regularly hosts a variety of programs, and provides up-to-date information about the United States. All the services offered at the American Center are free of charge. For more information, please contact us via email at KampalaAmericanCenter@state.gov.
You can also register to become a member of the American Center so you can receive updates on any of our services.
Please keep watching this space for additional information!
The U.S. Mission’s American Center is a reference/research library that provides comprehensive, accurate, and timely information about the United States, its policies, its social and political processes, and other related topics.
- Are you looking for speeches and statements by the President of the United States, Secretary of State, or other prominent U.S. Administration officials?
- Are you looking for full-text articles from U.S. journals and newspapers on current, topical, or development issues?
- Are you looking for U.S. Government documents or think tank reports?
- Are you looking for U.S. and international statistics or economic indicators?
- Are you looking for biographical information on U.S. business, political, or cultural leaders?
- Are you doing research about U.S. foreign policy, law, democracy, environment, media, American studies, or HIV/AIDS?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then look no further.