Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Kampala (April 2, 2020)
Event: Qatar Airways Flight Availability
Qatar Airways (QA) has finalized booking and securing payment from U.S. citizens who submitted their information in a timely manner. Some individuals or families were also successful in booking and paying for their flight(s) directly on the Qatar Airways website. The flight is on Friday, April 3 at 17:30.
Qatar Airways has now re-opened the flight on its website and it is available for booking to Washington DC Dulles International Airport (IAD) as a final destination. If you are interested in departing Uganda and you have not yet secured a reservation with QA for the Friday flight, consider booking this flight now. The QA website frequently suffers from technical difficulties – if you are unable to book, please keep trying until you are successful. Currently, online booking is the only mechanism to reserve a seat.
This is not a U.S. government-controlled flight, nor is it a charter flight. The flight is controlled by Qatar Airways and subject to their rules and cancellation policies. The U.S. government does not plan to evacuate U.S. citizens from Uganda. This may be the last flight out of Uganda for the foreseeable future.
On March 22, President Museveni announced a number of new measures to combat the spread of COVID-19, including a two-week ban on the use of all personal transportation, the closing of all non-food businesses, and a national curfew from 19h00 until 06h30, among other restrictions.
There are 45 confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in Uganda.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the Government of Uganda website on COVID-19
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Uganda.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Kampala
1577 Ggaba Road
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Uganda Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter