Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Kampala (March 27, 2020)
Event: U.S. Citizens: How to Book Commercial Flight for Next Week
The U.S. Embassy is liaising with the Ugandan government to allow a plane to land at and depart from Entebbe International Airport, sometime within the next week.
This will not be a U.S. government operated or funded flight. Availability and cancellations will be controlled by the airline. The flight will be via an international routing to either JFK or IAD, with the option for onward domestic flights according to availability. The airline estimates the cost will be approximately $2500 per ticket for an itinerary terminating at IAD. The price may vary, depending on final destination.
The airline will open this flight to the public on their website once it has been confirmed. However, if you want to book prior to publication of the flight, please send the below information via email and indicate that we can release your information to the airline. Please title your email: Booking Consent. You will then receive instructions via email on how to pay for your booking to finalize the reservation.
If you have already sent ALL the information below and you want to book the flight, please send via email your permission (statement below) to share your information with the airline solely for the purpose of booking your flight, as well as your final destination in the United States.
Information to include in your email by 8:00am Monday March 30:
- Full name and names of dependents traveling with you (and their nationalities):
- If non-U.S. citizens, please indicate their relationship to you
- If Lawful Permanent Residents, provide the A number and passport number
- Final Destination in the United States
- U.S. passport number
- Dates of birth for all in the traveling party
- Email Address
- Phone number
- A photograph of the biographical information page of your passport
- Please grant permission to pass your infrmation on to the private airline in order to reserve your booking prior to the flight being made available to the public:
“I ….. (type your name)…., authorize the US Department of State to release my information to a private airline in order to secure booking on their commercial flight.”
Please note that this statement constitutes your electronic signature and we must have it for every individual in your traveling party.
Alternatively, you can wait until the flight is made available publicly, but there is no guarantee that you will secure a seat. Again, the flight will be subject to airline cancellations. If the airline does not register sufficient interest from the general public, there is a chance that the flight will be canceled.
The Government of Uganda has confirmed 33 cases of COVID-19 as of March 29.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Uganda.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Kampala
1577 Ggaba Road
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Uganda Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
To unsubscribe from this electronic mailing list, click here. Please allow 48 hours for the request to process.