Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Kampala (September 26, 2022)
Location: Uganda Mubende District
Event: The Ugandan Ministry of Health (MOH) declared an outbreak of Sudan Ebolavirus (SUDV) with one death confirmed and several suspected cases in the Central Region district of Mubende. No vaccines or therapeutics have been approved for prevention or treatment of the Sudan Ebolavirus. CDC has issued a Level 1 Travel Notice: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/watch/ebola-in-uganda
Actions to Take:
- Visit the CDC’s wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/watch/Ebola-in-Uganda Travelers Health Page on Ebola in Uganda.
- Consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for country health advisories or call CDC at 800-232-4636 or 404-639-3534.
- Avoid contact with sick people, with blood and body fluids from all people and from contaminated surfaces.
- Avoid the area.
- Avoid crowds.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Make contingency plans to leave.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Avoid contact with bats, forest antelopes, and nonhuman primates or raw meat prepared from these or unknown animals (bushmeat).
See more information about Ebola Virus Disease on: https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/
- U.S. Embassy Kampala
1577 Ggaba Road