Procurement Reference Number: PR6337880
The US mission in Kampala intends to purchase the services as described below. Provide quotations/proposals for the below mentioned.
THE WORKSHOP IS INTENDED TO GIVE A COMPREHENSIVE HIV MULTIDISCIPLINARY TRAINING FOR UPDF CLINICAL OFFICERS AND NURSES.
DOD/PEPFAR invites responsible vendors to provide quotations for events management support services for a five day workshop in Kampala from Sunday, June 4th, 2017 to Friday, June 9th, 2017.
Participants will report on Sunday, June 4th, 2017 and depart on Friday 9th June, 2017 and it will attract participants that will travel from up country military bases
NOTE: Dates are subject to change.
DOD/PEPFAR requires the service of an events planning and management firm to provide the following services for the workshop.
- Hotel identification and reservations for participants.
- Reservation of workshop venue with a PA system + stationary (note pads, pens, flip charts) and projector.
- Provide accommodation to 45 participants for 6 nights.
- Provide dinner + incidental allowance to 45 participants for 6 nights.
- Provide transport to 45 participants for 2 rounds.
- Arrange meals i.e. Lunch and refreshments (2 cups of tea and 2 bottles of mineral water) for 48 participants.
- Solicit and pay qualified trainers to conduct the training.
- Provide an on-site coordinator to attend the workshop
- Provide certificates and training manuals
- Submit a training report to DOD HIV program Manager at the end of the training
For the success of this meeting, an events manager is to offer the following services;
- Conference facilities including Hall hire, PA systems ,note pads, pens, flip charts and projector for 5 days at a cost not exceeding Shs 2,500,000
- Accommodation for 45 participants including bed and breakfast for 6 days at a cost not exceeding Shs 35,100,000
- Meals -Lunch, tea & refreshments (2 bottles of mineral water and soft drink at lunch) for 5 days at a cost not exceeding Shs 11,250,000
- Transport (to & fro) for 45 participants at a cost not exceeding Shs 3,600,000
- Incidentals + dinner for 6 days at a cost not exceeding Shs 13,500,000
- Assorted stationary + certificates at a cost not exceeding sh 500,000
- Training manuals ,2 sets i.e. 45 copies per set (Total of 90 copies @ 50,000 each) at a cost not exceeding sh 4,500,000
- Fees for 6 facilitators for 5 days at a cost not exceeding sh 24,000,000
- Events management services for 6 days at a cost not exceeding sh 6,000,000
The successful candidate should have experience in handling large events of > 50 people for more than 3 occasions. Experience working with armed forces is a plus.
Issue of Notice & Due by Dates
Issued Date: Friday, May 12th, 2017
Closing Date: Thursday, May 25th, 2017 at 10:00am
Please submit your quotes to email KampalaBid@state.gov
According to the Federal Acquisition Regulations, entities that are to be awarded contracts in excess of $25,000 are required to have a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNs) number – For DUNS Registration visit http://www.dnb.com/get-a-duns-number.html and active in SAM. For SAM registration visit – http://www.sam.gov
Terms and Conditions
This RFQ incorporates by reference FAR 52.212-5 AND 52.252-2, with the same force and effect as if they were given in full text. The full text of a clause may be accessed electronically at this address: https://www.acquisition.gov/far/index.html
For further details please send an email to