JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
U.S. Mission Uganda
Announcement Number: Kampala-2021-042S
Position Title: Logistics & Budget Assistant
Opening Period: 12/6/2021 – 12/11/2021
Grade: FSN 8/FP-6
Salary: UGX 70,307,688
For More Info: KampalaHR@state.gov
Who May Apply: Current Employees of the Mission – This includes U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs); Eligible Family Members (EFMs); Declared Members of Household (MOHs), dependents of U.S. Personal Services Contract (USPSC) who are assigned under COM – All Agencies (Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.)
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust- Background Investigation
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Uganda is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Logistics & Budget Assistant.
The work schedule for this position is:
• Full Time, 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (4 weeks) following receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: Under the direct supervision of the Training and Engagements Program Manager, position serves as the Logistics & Budget Assistant for the Office of Security Cooperation. Manages the delivery and transfer of U.S. provided defense articles to the Ugandan Military in accordance with U.S. policies. Coordinates and executes transportation, lodging, and procurement support for office personnel and visitors. Performs Budget Analyst duties for the Office of Security Cooperation with the responsibility of supervising the complete range of budget administration for all funding assigned from DoS/DoD to the Office of Security Cooperation. Incumbent serves as an incidental operator of official vehicles and meets all requirements outlined in 14 FAM 433.
Download: Detailed Position Description | Kampala Logistics & Budget Assistant
Qualifications and Evaluations
EDUCATION: Completion of Secondary School (both O & A level) is required.
EXPERIENCE: Five years of work experience in logistics, financial management or budgeting is required
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of administrative functions and office operations including operating various office machines is required. Familiarity with the U.S. and Ugandan military structures and programs is required. Knowledge of protocol and rank within the military is required. Knowledge of U.S. government regulations pertaining to security cooperation and assistance programs is required. Required to be capable, organized, and knowledgeable in areas of budget management and logistics.
Evaluations: (This may be tested)
LANGUAGE: Good Working Knowledge speaking/reading/writing of English is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Great organizational skills and sound judgement are required. Required to be computer literate and have the ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of software. Ability to write official correspondence in English is required. Ability to demonstrate personal and relational skills to receive official visitors and to coordinate with senior host nation officials is required.
Must master key skillsets managing the following computers programs, but not limited to:
- Microsoft Office suites
- Security Assistance Network (SAN) and Training Management System (TMS)
- Security Cooperation Information Portal (SCIP): for FMF, FMS, EUM, IMET management
- INVEST: Enter students into DoD Leahy Vetting system
- E-2 Travel system
- My Services; My Data
- Integrated Logistical Management System (ILMS)
- Must have a valid, current license for a car. Must have had a valid driver’s license for a minimum of five (5) years.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/VA-Definitions-and-Additional-Employment-Considerations.pdf
How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local Security Certification or Public Trust clearance. All applications must be submitted online. Applicants shall be required to register under the careers page for U.S. Embassy Kampala following instructions on the link below: https://ug.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
- For further assistance call 0414-306001
- You will receive confirmation of registration and proceed to apply.
- On completion of this process, you will receive an auto response via your email.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Academic documents
- Driver’s License
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Uganda.