JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
U.S. Mission Uganda
Announcement Number: Kampala-2020-013-RA1
Position Title: OBO Security Escort/Clerk
Opening Period: 02/11/2020 – 02/25/2020
Salary: USD 30,113 (Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.)
For More Info: Human Resources Officer
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
Security Clearance Required: Secret security clearance
Duration Appointment: FMA not to exceed 5 years
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply (https://careers.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Eight-Qualities-of-Overseas-Employees.pdf )
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Uganda is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of OBO Security Escort/Clerk.
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time, 40 hours per week.
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time following receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Download: Detailed Position Description
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: The incumbent manages all security escort and security clerical duties for the OBO-Kampala NOX/SPX project. H/she monitors and escorts non-cleared personnel (contractors/vendors) onto the project site, the Embassy’s controlled access areas (CAA) and or other locations within the Mission facilities and grounds where NOX/SPX project operates. Ensures that all material and personnel entering into the construction sites and (Controlled Access Areas) CAA has been cleared by the RSO’s office, and that no cell phones or other electronic equipment, is allowed into those areas. H/she will work exclusively for the OBO-Kampala NOX/SPX project under the direct supervision of the Project Director and will assist the Site Security Management team with background investigations, security inspections, and office clerical duties. After-hours, weekend and holiday overtime work is required.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Education: High school diploma required.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of prior experience in an office, management or security-related position is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Thorough knowledge of regulations governing control and protection of classified material and equipment set out in 12 FAM, as well as post-specific security access procedures; the proper use of security-related equipment (radio and destruction equipment); familiar with the general layout of the construction site and mission grounds. Must have general administrative/clerical knowledge.
LANGUAGE: English Level 3 (Good working knowledge, speaking, reading, and writing) is required. This may be tested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Basic keyboard skills and computer literacy. Must be observant, flexible and service oriented. Good communication and interpersonal skills, should be people oriented, must be able to follow instructions, ability to maintain observation of workers for long periods of time and able to lift or carry 35 pounds of weight. Ability to climb 30 foot vertical ladder and operate roof hatch. Must be able to obtain secret security clearance. This may be tested.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass a security certification.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/VA-Definitions-and-Additional-Employment-Considerations.pdf
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Secret security clearance.
- All applications must be submitted online. Applicants shall be required to register under the careers page for U.S. Embassy Kampala following instructions on the link below.
- For further assistance call 0414-306001
- You will receive confirmation of registration and proceed to apply.
- On completion of this process, you will receive an auto response via your email.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Degree/ education transcripts
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working