PEACE CORPS MEDICAL OFFICER (PCMO)
The United States Peace Corps seeks a Medical Doctor to serve as a contracted Peace Corps Medical Officer (PCMO) based in Lesotho. The PCMO will provide health care to U.S. Peace Corps Volunteers in Lesotho and will work under the supervision of the Peace Corps Country Director in Lesotho and the Peace Corps Office of Medical Services in Washington DC. This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week.
Download Position Description.
• Routine primary health care to Peace Corps Trainees and Volunteers including treatment of common illnesses and injuries in accordance with Peace Corps medical guidelines
• Individual short-term counseling on disease prevention, adjustment issues, stress management and cross-cultural problems
• Response to emergency medical situations
• Member of Senior Peace Corps staff in Lesotho
• Ability to conduct trainings on health related issues
• Site visits to Peace Corps Volunteers throughout Lesotho
• Administrative tasks of the medical office including budget management
• Inventory of medical supplies and equipment
• Alternate 24 hour on- call duty with the second PCMO