Download: Detailed NOFO 2022 PEPFAR Community Grants | PEPFAR Uganda Notice of Funding_2022 (docx)
Download: PEPFAR Uganda Application of Interest_FY2022 (Filled out completely) | PEPFAR Uganda Application of Interest_FY2022 (docx)
Download: PEPFAR Uganda Detailed Budget Summary_2022 | PEPFAR Uganda Detailed Budget Summary_2022 (xlsx)
PEPFAR Uganda Funding Opportunity is now open to proposals
U.S. Embassy, Kampala PEPFAR Uganda Small Grants Office is pleased to announce that funding is available through its Community Grants to Combat HIV/AIDS Program. This is an open competition. Outlined in this announcement are PEPFAR Uganda’s funding priorities, the strategic themes we focus on and the procedures for submitting a proposal. Please note the application closing date has been extended to August 15, 2021. No applications will be accepted after that date.
Please carefully read and follow all instructions below.
PEPFAR Uganda invites proposals for projects that do one or more of the following:
- Promote HIV/AIDS prevention
- Address stigma, discrimination and/or gender-based violence (GBV)
- Promote capacity building
- Strengthen democracy and governance related to the national HIV response
- Promote care and treatment and adherence to treatment to the beneficiaries as outlined below.
Targeted beneficiaries of the PEPFAR Uganda Community Grants to Combat HIV/AIDS for this proposal include the following:
- Adolescents Girls and Young Women (AGYW)
- Faith-Based Communities
- Key Populations (KPs)
- Men and Young Males
- Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVCs)
- People Living with HIV (PLHIV)
- People with Disabilities
The Small Grants Office welcomes applications from registered non-profit Ugandan organizations such as Community Based Organizations (CBO), Faith Based Organizations (FBO), or Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO).
Our application process is simple and direct. We do not accept copies of applications that have been written in a different format. Please only use the supplied application form labeled FY2022 PEPFAR Application of Interest.
CONTENT OF APPLICATION
Please follow all instructions below carefully. Proposals that do not meet the requirements of this announcement or fail to comply with the stated requirements will be ineligible. Please ensure:
- The proposal clearly addresses the goals and objectives of this funding opportunity.
- All documents are in English.
- All budgets are in Ugandan Shillings (subject to daily currency fluctuation since payment will be in U.S. dollars).
- Application is for FY2022. Applications from previous years are not acceptable.
- Application form is not changed in any way.
- Application is completed electronically in its original format. Please do not print and hand-write your application. Do not print and send a .pdf your application.
- Application must be received electronically via email. Please do not mail your application form.
- Application is received by the posted due date and time.
- Application is received with all required documentation.
The following documents are required:
- Mandatory forms attached to electronic email submission:
- Please include the following information in the body of your email:
- Organization name
- Project title
- Brief 200 word summary of the project
SUBMISSION DATE AND TIME
PEPFAR Uganda Small Grants Office will only accept proposals from the date of this notice of funding through 11:59 PM (UTC+3) on August 15, 2021. No applications will be accepted after that date.
Submit your application to KampalaPEPFAR@state.gov
Fraud and Scam Warning
The U.S. Embassy never asks for any form of payment or registration fee related to Embassy grants or the grant application process. Payments should never be given to a third party in connection to U.S. Embassy Grants. Any communication from the U.S. Embassy concerning your grant or grant application will only come from official U.S. government emails, which end in @state.gov. If you suspect you are a target of fraud, please contact the Small Grants Office at the U.S. Embassy.