The Professional Fellows Program on Inclusive Civic Engagement | CALL FOR APPLICATIONS!
Our new professional program will support approximately 19 disability rights professionals (Fellows) from Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, and Ethiopia to participate in a 5-week Fellowship Program in the US.
Download: Detailed announcement | Call for Applications(PDF)
What does the program involve?
As a Fellow, you will:
- identify a key policy or practice issue related to disability and civic engagement in your home country
- engage in a Fellowship placement with a US host site organization tailored to your individual professional goals
- design a project action plan during your US-based Fellowship to implement upon returning home
- participate in weekly leadership seminars, mentorship, community service, a homestay with an American family, and much more
Am I eligible?
To be eligible, you must:
- be a Kenyan, Ugandan, Tanzanian, or Ethiopian citizen between the ages of 25–40
- be working to improve civic engagement for people with disabilities
- have 2+ years of professional experience working on disability inclusion