U.S. Mission Property Disposal Sale | INSTRUCTIONS TO BID WINNERS
Download instructions to Auction Winners Nov 2019
Download list of 2019 Highest bidders
- The list of Lot awards will be posted by BIDDER REGISTRATION NUMBER on the embassy’s website at https://ug.usembassy.gov/ and outside the Auction Warehouse on Monday, NOVEMBER 11. You need to know your bidder registration number to know which Lot(s) you have been awarded.
- Attempts will be made to also notify bid winners (Lot awardees) directly through contact information provided during bidder registration.
- If the buyer fails to fully pay and collect his/her Lot at the Embassy warehouse in the GIVEN 2 BUSINESS DAYS (i.e., Monday/Tuesday for 1st tier winners, Wednesday/Thursday for 2nd tier winners, Friday/Saturday for 3rd tier winners), the Embassy will move on to the next highest bidder. (Note: 2nd tier winners will be notified by midday Wednesday for payment/pickup on Wednesday/Thursday, and 3rd tier winners will be notified by midday Friday for payment/pickup on Friday/Saturday.)
- Seek clearance with the guards at the warehouse gate to access the Embassy Payment Desk. (Note: All winning bidders must bring National ID to enter.)
- Payments will be made at the Embassy Payment Desk and at the URA cashier desk. All cash payments must be paid in full at the time of payment.
- Payment and collection (pick-up and removal) of Lots starts on Monday, NOVEMBER 11, from 0900 until 1600 (400 pm). Note: Last admission is 1530 (330 pm) to ensure time for payment and removal of items by 1600 (400 pm).
- Make payment for taxes directly to the URA cashier desk at the Auction warehouse (unless otherwise advised by the URA team) between the dates Monday, NOVEMBER 11 through Saturday, NOVEMBER 16, 2019, from 9 AM to 4 PM.
- Collect items immediately (the same day) after payment of bid amounts and URA taxes.
- Winning bidders must be present with any vehicles and drivers used to collect the lots on thesame day (immediately after) payment is made. All vehicles will be screened per usual security procedures. All drivers must carry National ID and go through screening procedures prior to entry.
- You must carry with you all your payment receipts (bid payment and tax payment receipts) and identification (National ID) in order to pick-up and remove the Lot items. Pick up should take place immediately following payment (the same day).CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH PROPERTY IS SOLD:
- The property is sold on an “as-is- basis” for CASH payment ONLY without refund or warranty by the U.S. government. No guarantee can be given for the working/good condition or completeness of any Lot. The U.S. government cannot be held liable for any errors in this catalogue.
- Items must be loaded and removed by buyers at the warehouse security check point ONLY; warehouse team will assist with providing your Lot to security check point for loading/pickup.
- If the buyer fails to fully pay and collect his/her Lot at the Embassy warehouse in the GIVEN 2BUSINESS DAYS (i.e., Monday/Tuesday for 1st tier winners, Wednesday/Thursday for 2nd tier
winners, Friday/Saturday for 3rd tier winners), the Embassy will move on to the next highest
- Both payment of Lot, and the Lot, may be repossessed by the US Mission, with no refund, if not picked up and removed from the Auction warehouse by the date of payment. All lots must be paid, picked up, and removed by Saturday, November 16, 2019 at 1600 (400 pm).
- Applicable local taxes and customs duties or fees are paid by the purchaser prior to the collection of any Lot. If you hold duty free status, you must show proof of your tax exemption to URA desk officers.COMMITMENT DEPOSIT:
- IMPORTANT NOTE 1: A BIDDER AWARDED A LOT OR LOTS, BUT WHO DEFAULTS ON PAYMENT OF ANY OF THE AWARDED LOTS (BID AMOUNT AND URA TAXES) SHALL FORFEIT HER/HIS COMMITMENT DEPOSIT. (In other words, do not bid on a lot you do not intend to pay for. You will lose your Commitment Deposit if you win and fail to pay. You must pay for all the lots you have won BEFORE you can claim back your Commitment Deposit.)
- IMPORTANT NOTE 2: The Catalog fee of UGX 20, 000 (Twenty Thousand) is NOT included in the Commitment Deposit amount.
- IMPORTANT NOTE 3: Commitment deposits will NOT be applied against successful bids, you must pay for your lot(s) before you seek refund of the Commitment Deposit.
- IMPORTANT NOTE 4: Keep your receipts as proof of payment of the Commitment Deposit and URA taxes as you will need them to obtain refund of your Commitment Deposit.
NOTE: Successful bidders, who do not pay for their lot within the designated two business days, will lose their Commitment deposit as well.
- Commitment Deposits will be refunded starting NOVEMBER 18 -20 for both unsuccessful bidders, and to successful bidders who have paid for the Lot(s) awarded (winning bid amounts and URA taxes). Participants can pick up Commitment Deposit refunds at the Auction warehouse payment desk (Embassy cashier).The U.S. government has the authority to reject any or all bids, if they consider the bid amounts insufficient.