PEACE CORPS OVERSEAS REQUEST FOR QUOTATION
Overseas Request for Quotation (RFQ) for Supplies/Services/Equipment
RFQ Number: 617-PC2020-002
Date: April 30, 2020
Peace Corps/Uganda has a need for one vehicle. Peace Corps is soliciting fixed-price quotations from the vendor community for the vehicle detailed below.
If you are interested in submitting a quotation, please do so by sending your completed and signed Attachment 1—Vendor Quotation Form by e-mail to: UGfirstname.lastname@example.org
Quotations are due no later than 5pm on May 15, 2020. Late quotations will not be accepted.
Written questions about this Request for Quotation (RFQ) may be sent in the same fashion to the individual noted above in advance of the RFQ due date. No phone calls please.
Peace Corps will evaluate all quotations received by the deadline based on the minimum requirements and/or evaluation factor(s) shown below. Contingent on the availability of funds and continued need for the supplies and/or services, at the end of the evaluation process, Peace Corps intends to award a firm-fixed-price contract for the purchase of the required vehicles to the selected vendor. The Peace Corps reserves the right to make a partial award of the requirements identified below to one or more vendors.
- Statement of Work/Description of Requirements
Peace Corps requires the vehicle and services identified below.
|Item||Description (Make, Model, and Body Style)||Qty||Specifications|
|001||Toyota Land Cruiser Prado SUV||2||See Chart 001|
All vehicles must contain the following standard options:
- Be unused with original, unused parts
- Seat belts (all locations, including front, rear, side, middle, and jump seat passengers)
- Air conditioning
- AM/FM radio and CD player
- Power assisted steering
- Intermittent wipers
- Mud guards
- Owner’s manual in English
- Electronic anti-theft system
- Steering wheel lock
- The manufacturer’s commercial warranty registered to the Peace Corps as the first registered owner
All vehicle(s) must meet local regulations and be able to be supported by the local authorized distributor.
All vehicle(s) must include general specifications.
The vendor must register all vehicle(s) with the proper authorities in Uganda identifying the US Embassy of Uganda as the legal owner of the vehicle(s) in accordance with US Embassy requirements, which will be provided to the vendor by the US Embassy and/or Peace Corps.
If importing the vehicles into Uganda the vendor must:
- Complete the customs clearance based on duty exemption approval documents provided to the vendor by the Peace Corps;
- Transport the vehicle to Mombasa; and
- Complete the necessary importation registration paperwork.
|Make, Model, and Body Style||Toyota Land Cruiser Prado SUV|
|Transmission Type||Manual, 4 wheel drive option|
|Steering Wheel Position||Right Side|
-Installed All terrain tires/Installed all season safety tires
– Floor carpets
– Fire extinguisher
– Security Alarm
– Installed bull bumper
B. Place of Performance: Kampala
C. Contract Terms and Conditions
As an Agency of the United States Government, Peace Corps has an approved contract template that it intends to use for the award. Peace Corps reserves the right to deny making a contract award to a vendor should they refuse to sign the Peace Corps approved contract template.
D. Minimum Criteria:
A quotation will not be considered further if it does not meet the following minimum criteria:
- Ability to provide the vehicle(s) which meet all standard specifications and include all specific requirements noted in Chart 001 to the required delivery address within 15 days of this Posting.
- Vendor confirmed that they are able to register all vehicle(s) with the proper authorities in Uganda, identifying the US Embassy of Uganda as the legal owner of the vehicle(s) in accordance with US Embassy requirements, which will be provided to the vendor by the US Embassy and/or Peace Corps.
- If importing the vehicles into Uganda, vendor confirmed they are able to complete the customs clearance based on duty exemption approval documents provided to the vendor by the Peace Corps; transport the vehicle to Mombasa; and complete the necessary importation registration paperwork.
E. Negotiations and Selection:
Award may be made with or without negotiations between the Peace Corps and the selected vendor. Award may be made to a vendor that provided the lowest priced technically acceptable quotation, or to a vendor other than the one that provided the lowest priced quotation, should that vendor be determined to have provided the best value quotation to the Peace Corps taking technical and cost factors into account.
All vendors that submit quotations in response to this RFQ will be notified of the results.
[End of RFQ]