Location: Nakasero, near Parliament, the Central Police Station, and near several major hotels in downtown Kampala, Uganda
Event: Two explosions of unknown origin occurred in downtown Kampala, near Parliament. First responders are on the scene and the area is cordoned off.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area near Parliament in Nakasero, Kampala.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Keep a low profile.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Ugandan visa.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
U.S. Embassy Kampala, Uganda
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Uganda Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.