Location: Uganda, countrywide
Event: The U.S. Embassy continues to receive reports of robberies, burglaries, and assaults. The holiday season is historically associated with an increase in criminal activity, and expatriates in particular are attractive targets for criminals. Extremists also continue to focus on locations frequented by Westerners.
Actions to Take:
- Keep car windows and doors locked when driving through crowds.
- Don’t leave valuable items in plain view inside your vehicle.
- Exercise additional vigilance at holiday festivals and events, places of worship, and locations with large crowds.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- S. Embassy Kampala, Uganda
+256 414 306 800
- State Department — Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444