Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Kampala, Uganda (December 16, 2021)
Location: UGANDA, countrywide
Event: Globally, during the holiday season there is the potential for increased crime and acts of violent extremism.
Globally, planned attacks and criminal activity often occur in crowded public locations such as holiday markets, shopping malls, airports, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, transportation hubs, schools, and other areas frequented by tourists. Public events, such as demonstrations, holiday events, and celebratory gatherings are also at a higher risk for targeting.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise vigilance at holiday festivals and events, places of worship, and locations with large crowds.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Kampala, Uganda, 1577 Ggaba Road, Kampala, Ugandahttps://ug.usembassy.gov/ Tel: +256-414-306-001 Email: KampalaUSCitizen@state.gov Website:
- State Department – Consular Affairs Tel: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444 or 202-501-4444
- Uganda Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
To unsubscribe from the STEP email program, please visit https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx