JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT | U.S. Mission Uganda
Announcement Number: Kampala-2020-037
Position Title: Service Desk Analyst
Opening Period: 11/30/2020 – 12/11/2020
Salary: UGX 50,500,012
For More Info: KampalaHR@state.gov
Who May Apply: All Interested Applicants / All Sources (Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.)
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification or Public Trust
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply. https://careers.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Eight-Qualities-of-Overseas-Employees.pdf
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Uganda is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Service Desk Analyst
The work schedule for this position is:
• Full Time, 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time following receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: The Service Desk Analyst (SDA) provides first level support to over 441 customers and works under the direct supervision of the Information Systems Officer. The SDA is responsible for front-line response to both internal and external customer queries, both in person at the service desk and through remote channels such as telephone, email, chat, and self-service request forms. In addition to IT-related calls, the SDA performs ticket triage, and handles resulting incidents and service requests using the incident management and request fulfillment processes in line with ICASS targets and objectives.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school (O and A Level) is required.
EXPERIENCE: Two years prior experience in the management and use of information systems including IT call center /customer service experience is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Comprehensive knowledge of Local Area Networks support methodologies; IT troubleshooting techniques, in-depth knowledge of personal computers, peripherals, wireless internet hardware and smart phone configuration.
Evaluations: (This may be tested)
LANGUAGE: Level IV English ability (Fluent) reading/writing/speaking is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The incumbent must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills to work effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels. Must have excellent organizational and planning skills. Must possess advanced skills in MS Office software programs (Outlook, Word, and Excel), both for their own work and to answer questions for other employees. Must be able to type accurately at a good working speed. and initiative is required. Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/VA-Definitions-and-Additional-Employment-Considerations.pdf
How to Apply:
1. All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local Security Certification or Public Trust clearance.
All applications must be submitted online. Applicants shall be required to register under the careers page for U.S. Embassy Kampala following instructions on the link below:
2. For further assistance call 0414-306001
3. You will receive confirmation of registration and proceed to apply.
4. On completion of this process, you will receive an auto response via your email.
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Uganda.