SERVICES ANNOUNCEMENT No. 2019.9 – INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER (ISP)
Announcement Date: August 14, 2019
Closing Date: September 13, 2019 at 4:00pm
The U.S. Peace Corps/Uganda intends to offer a firm fixed price contract for the provision of Internet Services by a local internet Service Provider (ISP). The specifications are as below:
- Provider should have a capacity of 50 Megabits (50Mbps) dedicated
- Of the 50Mbps, 30Mps will be provisioned in Kampala, 10Mps in Mbarara and 10Mps in Gulu or in the proportions that will be agreed upon between Peace Corps and the service provider.
Interested parties are required to review all information and complete the Request for Quotation. After the FORM has been filled, kindly email to email@example.com.
Please use the Peace Corps RFQ and do not alter the form except for putting in your figures and any other required information.
Any questions regarding the RFQ may be sent to the email address highlighted above. Offers received after the closing date will not be accepted.
Quotes are due by the following address by 1:00 p.m. on September 13, 2019.
- Price/Period of Performance:
ISP shall provide bandwidth 24 hours per day, 7days a week & 365 days per year.
Supplies or Equipment
|Item||Description||Quantity||Unit Price||Total Price|
|002||50Mbps backup line|
|003||Other Premium services provided|
Supplier Unit Quotes shall be a Firm Fixed-Price, and inclusive of any administrative or overhead costs.
Supply requirements (for special requests that are not indicated above);
- The ISP will be contracted to provide 50Mpbs at the proposed amount and that will come with a backup line and other services of the same or similar capacity at no additional cost or if the ISP charges for them separately it should be indicated. Otherwise the backup line and other premium services should be at no additional cost unless stated and agreed upon by Peace Corps and the service provider.
- It should be noted that a backup line (which ideally should be a different medium as the main connection) will be considered in awarding the contract as Peace Corps would not want to have a downtime unless it is unavoidable.
- Statement of Work/Specifications
- ISP shall provide a static public IP address(es) for locations accessing the Internet.
- ISP shall provide the agreed bandwidth 24 hours per day, 7 days a week and 365 days per year with minimum latency.
- ISP shall have network engineering support 24 hours per day, 7 days a week and 365 days per year.
- ISP shall maintain network monitoring capability and notification to the Peace Corps Offices at the point of any disruption of service.
- ISP shall provide bandwidth utilization reporting tools.
- ISP shall install and configure equipment included in the proposal.
- ISP shall guarantee quality of service – minimum uptime 99.8% per month or better with documented discounts given for outages exceeding 2 hours.
- Peace Corps Uganda does allow for pre-arranged outages during off-hours for maintenance.
- ISP shall state the number of calendar days in which to substantially complete the project. Time is of the essence of the contract.
Extended Warranties Offered by Supplier, if applicable
Item Description Unit/Qty Price Price
0001 50Mbps Provided over Fiber XXX
0002 50Mbps backup line provided
0003 Other Premium services provided
- Location of Work: The Peace Corps Uganda Offices; Kampala, Mbarara and Gulu.
- Delivery Schedule
|002||50Mbps backup line (State if you are providing this as a compliment or this is provided at an additional cost to Peace Corps at all locations)|
|003||Other Premium services provided|
Delivery Locations: Kampala, Mbarara & Gulu
- Acceptance Criteria
Selection shall be based on a combination of responsiveness, cost, experience, references, and time frame to deliver service. Award shall be made to the qualified bidder whose proposal is most advantageous to the Peace Corps Uganda with price and other factors considered.
The Peace Corps reserves the right to negotiate with any vendor. The successful vendor(s) may be asked to participate in negotiations and be asked to make revisions to their proposals based on these negotiations.
The Peace Corps is not obligated to accept the lowest cost or any other proposal. The Peace Corps may cancel the procurement at any time or reject any or all proposals in whole or in part choosing services from differing vendors that fit the needs and connectivity requirements for each Peace Corps facilities connection.
- Contract Terms and Conditions
The Peace Corps Uganda plans to enter into a contract for one year with the option to renew for four (4) subsequent years if advantageous to the Peace Corps Uganda.
The invoices will be in the names of US MISSION/PEACE CORPS.
- Peace Corps Payment Schedule and Terms
Supplier will receive payment in approximately 30 days after acceptance and receipt of valid/accurate invoice.
- Evaluation Factors:
Award will be made after consideration of the following factors as marked below:
_X__ Delivery Timeframe
_X__ Payment Terms
Award may be made to other than the low priced quote. The award will be made to the total quote that offers the best value in accordance with the above evaluation factors.
- Instructions to Vendors:
- Please read RFQ/email in its entirety including factors that will be considered in making award in Section I.
- Return completed RFQ by due date as follows:
- Fill in prices in Section A.
- Unless delivery date(s) are provided, provide delivery date(s) in Section E.
- List/state any other terms or items in Section A not requested in the RFQ that is believed would benefit Peace Corps and would improve consideration for selection. These terms/items must not increase the prices quoted in Section A.
- Sign, date, stamp and return RFQ by required due date.
- As indicated in Section F, please indicate whether or not you will need at advance payment.
- Other Terms/Items Offered at No Additional Cost:
- Please attached a map showing how the provisioning will be done. Show where the landing sites are located right from the Service provider point in Kampala to the backbone.
Care should be taken to show on a map the points of presence and what upstream Providers are used as this will determine the awarding of contract.
SUPPLIER AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE
Name of Company: _____________________________________________________
Name: _________________________ Position/Title: ________________________
Signature: ______________________ Date: _______________________________
Phone: ________________________ Email: _______________________________