JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
U.S. Mission Uganda
Announcement Number: Kampala-2022-035
Position Title: Supervisory Voucher Examiner
Opening Period: 08/29/2022 – 09/09/2022
Series/Grade: FSN 9/FP-5
Salary: UGX 86,951,739
For More Info: KampalaHR@state.gov
Who May Apply: All Interested Applicants / All Sources (Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.)
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification or Public Trust
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.https://careers.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Eight-Qualities-of-Overseas-Employees.pdf
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Uganda is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Supervisory Voucher Examiner.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time, 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time following receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: Yes
Duties: This position is responsible for the vouchering side of the Financial Management Center (FMC), including the bill-to-pay process and customer service to vendors and intra-embassy clients. The incumbent directly supervises 5 employees – 4 voucher examiners and the Designated Billing Office (DBO) clerk, managing their daily workload, task prioritization, and training.
Download: Detailed Position Description | PD- Supervisory Voucher Examiner
Qualifications and Evaluations
EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, finance, commerce, or business administration is required.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in a financial/accounting environment is required. At least one year experience in a supervisory capacity is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: He/she must have an intermediate understanding of host country laws and regulations, especially those that have an impact on Mission financial operations, TAX regulations, social security regulations, billing and invoicing process. Must have good knowledge of accounting, auditing, and VAT procedures.
Evaluations: (This may be tested)
LANGUAGE: English level IV (Fluent) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have strong numerical skills at the intermediate level to effectively manage processes, compute amounts and numbers, and resolve problems which require accurate calculations. Must be flexible and able to work with constant changes in work priorities. Capable of quickly analyzing transactions, documentation and records to determine the source of imbalances and to correct any discrepancies. Must possess a high degree of integrity and the ability to perform fiscal services in a responsible manner. Must serve the public courteously. Ability to motivate and train other members of the team and to implement disciplinary action when necessary is required. Must have advanced computer skills in Microsoft Excel and intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/VA-Definitions-and-Additional-Employment-Considerations.pdf
How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local Security Certification or Public Trust clearance.
All applications must be submitted online. Applicants shall be required to register under the careers page for U.S. Embassy Kampala following instructions on the link below:
- For further assistance call 0414-306001
- 3. You will receive confirmation of registration and proceed to apply.
- On completion of this process, you will receive an auto response via your email.
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Uganda.