JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
U.S. Mission Uganda
Announcement Number: Kampala-2022-031
Position Title: Supply Clerk (Receiving) Supervisor
Opening Period: 08/18/2022 – 09/01/2022
Series/Grade: FSN 6/FP-8
Salary: UGX 44,197,171
For More Info: KampalaHR@state.gov
Who May Apply: Current Employees of the Mission – All Agencies and/or U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs); Eligible Family Members (EFMs); or declared Members of Household (MOHs); dependents of U.S. Personal Services Contract (USPSC) who are assigned under COM – All Agencies (Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.)
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification or Public Trust
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.https://careers.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Eight-Qualities-of-Overseas-Employees.pdf
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Uganda is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Supply Clerk (Receiving) Supervisor.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time, 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time following receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: Yes
Duties: The position is responsible for the management and supervision of the receiving, tracking, inspection, distributing, and inventory of property management services for the Department of State and associated agencies. This position provides direct supervision to GSO supply (receiving) clerks. The position is in the General Services Section and under the supervision of the GSO Property Supervisor. Incumbent serves as an incidental operator of official vehicles and meets all requirements outlined in 14 FAM 433.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EDUCATION: Completion of high school education (O&A level) is required.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three (3) years of experience in supply/warehousing/expendables or property/supply management is required.
- Must have good knowledge of Warehouse procedures and SOPs.
- Position requires basic understanding of the local culture and local vendor practices.
- Must have good understanding of supply chain management and warehouse operations to include receiving, inspecting, tracking, storing and issuing of supplies.
- Must have good knowledge of computerized inventory and stock control data programs.
- Must have working knowledge of inventory management tools such as handheld scanners and software.
Evaluations: (This may be tested)
LANGUAGE: English level III (good working knowledge) Written/Speaking/Reading.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Capable of planning and managing a wide variety of logistical operations (e.g., space management, supply and equipment needs, etc.), acting independently, and exercising supervisory control over subordinate personnel.
- Computer competencies including basic skills in Microsoft Office applications, and related software as required, and basic math skills.
- Must have a valid, current Class B Driver’s license. Must have had a valid driver’s license for a minimum of five (5) years.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 51 lbs. (23kg) under OSHA standards.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/VA-Definitions-and-Additional-Employment-Considerations.pdf
How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local Security Certification or Public Trust clearance.
All applications must be submitted online. Applicants shall be required to register under the careers page for U.S. Embassy Kampala following instructions on the link below:
- For further assistance call 0414-306001
- 3. You will receive confirmation of registration and proceed to apply.
- On completion of this process, you will receive an auto response via your email.
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Uganda.