Please note that, with the exception of emergency American Citizen Services, all services listed below are by appointment only.
To make an appointment, please book through one of the links below or via email, as appropriate:
- Appointment to file a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) application: Email KampalaCRBA@state.gov
- Appointment to renew or apply for a new passport
- Appointment for notarial services
- Appointment to bring pending documents for a service listed above or an American Citizen Service not listed above, please email KampalaUSCitizen@state.gov.
The fees below are paid at the Embassy in cash or credit card either in U.S. Dollars or the equivalent in Ugandan Shillings.
Only USD credit cards are accepted (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover). We do not accept personal checks.
Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) – $100
U.S. Passport Books
- Adult U.S. Passport Renewal – $130
- First Time Adult U.S. Passport – $165
- Adult U.S. Passport Replacement (Lost, Stolen or Damaged) –$165
- Minor U.S. Passport Renewal or Replacement (15 years old or under) – $135
U.S. Passport Cards
- Adult Applicants 16 years old or over (renewals) – $30
- Adult Applicants (first time adult applications): – $65 or $30 if filing in conjunction with a first-time passport book application
- Minor Applicants 15 years old or under (including renewals) – $15 if applying in conjunction with a passport book application – $50 if applying for passport card only
- Passport Card Replacement for name change if submitted within one year of U.S. passport issuance – No Fee
- Passport Card Replacement for data correction (name, date of birth, place of birth, sex printed erroneously) if submitted within one year of U.S. passport issuance – No Fee
- First Service (seal) – $50
- Each additional seal that is provided at the same time in connection with the same transaction – $50
Questions? Email KampalaUSCitizen@state.gov