Sorting Documentation for the Appointment

Please bring your documentation sorted as follows on day of your appointment:

  • Fillable CRBA Checklist
  • DS-2029 (Consular Report of Birth Abroad)
  • Child’s original government issued birth certificate
  • Passports/IDs belonging to the mother and father
  • Naturalization Certificate, if applicable
  • Marriage Certificate, if applicable
  • Other legal documents, if applicable (divorce decrees, name change petitions, etc.)
  • S. citizen parent’s evidence of physical presence in the United States
  • For two U.S. citizen parents: Proof that parents were in the United States at some point prior to the child’s birth
  • For one U.S. citizen parent and one non-U.S. citizen parent (child born after June 12, 2017): evidence that the U.S. citizen parent lived in the United States for at least five years prior to the birth of the child. Good examples of physical presence: academic transctripts, W2s, military records, etc.