U.S. Citizen Services (Emergency Only):
24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week
U.S. Citizen Services (Non-Emergency):
To include U.S. passport renewals, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBAs), notarials, etc.
Services by appointment only:
- Monday and Thursday: 08:00-11:45 AM
- Friday: 08:00-10:45 AM
Please note that email is the best way to contact us: KampalaUSCitizen@state.gov.
For non-emergency phone inquiries regarding services for U.S. citizens, you may call +256 414 306 800 during the following hours:
- Monday and Thursday: 2:00-4:00 PM
Please note that, with the exception of emergency American Citizen Services, all services listed below are by appointment only. To make an appointment, please book through the link below:
- Schedule an appointment to apply for or submit additional information for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA).
- To apply for or renew a passport, or to add pages to a valid, undamaged passport. passport application should be completed online (using form filler) printed with a barcode on it.
- To schedule an appointment for notarial services, federal benefits or other American Services, please email: KampalaUSCitizen@state.gov
Please note that U.S. Embassy Kampala is closed on U.S. and Ugandan holidays. The Consular Section is closed to the public on the first Friday of each month. In case of emergency, U.S. citizens can use the above phone numbers to reach U.S. Citizen Services.
Please note that these numbers and email addresses are not to be used for visa inquiries.