JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
U.S. Mission Uganda
Announcement Number: Kampala-2018-024
Position Title: Voucher Clerk
Opening Period: 6/04/2018 – 6/15/2018
Series/Grade: 0420 FSN 06/FS-8
Salary: UGX 41,892,912 – UGX 61,793,254
For More Info: Human Resources Office: EXT 6131
Who May Apply: Current Employees of the Mission – All Agencies and/or U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs); Eligible Family Members (EFMs); or Declared Members of Household (MOHs) – All Agencies (Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.)
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification or Public Trust
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Uganda is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Voucher Clerk.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time, 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time following receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: Examines simple/uncomplicated and straightforward invoices to ensure conformance with terms of original purchase order or authorization. Performs a variety of related clerical duties such as vendor invoice and employee reimbursement data entry into the invoice tracking spreadsheet and any other miscellaneous clerical work as assigned.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EDUCATION: Completion of two years college studies (diploma) in business administration, finance, or accounting is required.
Download: Position Description.
EXPERIENCE: Two years’ experience in a financial, administrative and clerical position within a finance office is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have a good working knowledge of secretarial and administrative processes and procedures. Good knowledge of accounting office operations is mandatory and general familiarity with basic accounting principles and concepts as well as financial management.
LANGUAGE: Level III English ability (good working knowledge in written, spoken and reading) is required. (This may be tested)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (This may be tested.)
Must have the ability to establish priorities, organize a varied and large workload in an efficient and timely manner and develop procedures for the successful implementation of work assignment. Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and an ability to work under minimum supervision. They need to have excellent skills in the use of office equipment, computer applications and web-based systems.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/VA-Definitions-and-Additional-Employment-Considerations.pdf
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local Security Certification or Public Trust clearance.
- All applications must be submitted online.
- Applicants shall be required to register under the careers page for US Embassy Kampala using the link below http://usembassykampala.myafricanjobs.com/. For further assistance call 0414306001.
- You will receive confirmation of registration and proceed to apply.
- On completion of this process, you will receive an auto response via your email.
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Uganda.