JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
U.S. Mission Uganda
Announcement Number: Kampala-2022-029
Position Title: Warehouse worker
Opening Period: 08/18/2022 – 09/01/2022
Series/Grade: FSN 2/FP-CC
Salary: UGX 26,771,244
For More Info: KampalaHR@state.gov
Who May Apply: All Interested Applicants / All Sources (Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.)
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification or Public Trust
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.https://careers.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Eight-Qualities-of-Overseas-Employees.pdf
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Uganda is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Warehouse worker.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time, 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time following receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: This standard job description is for a Warehouse Worker who is responsible for safe handling, moving and storage, and inventory of both expendable and non-expendable items. The position is in the General Services Office and under the supervision of the Non-Expendables Storekeeper.
Download: Detailed Position Description | Warehouse worker-Kampala
Qualifications and Evaluations
EDUCATION: Completion of primary school is required.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of two (2) years of experience in manual labor or warehouse work is required.
- Good working knowledge of warehouse operations, procedures.
- Good working knowledge of maintenance and efficient usage of warehouse storage space.
- Good working knowledge of conducting inventory and stacking of items/equipment.
Evaluations: (This may be tested)
LANGUAGE: English level I (Rudimentary knowledge) Reading/Speaking is required. Luganda level II (Limited knowledge) Reading/Speaking is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to physically able perform loading and unloading. Must be able to handle heavy objects smoothly and efficiently. Must be able to able to lift a maximum of 51 lbs. (23kg) under OSHA standards.
- Ability to use warehouse tools and safely operate equipment such as forklifts, hand trolleys, electronic lifters etc.
- Must be able to perform assign tasks in all types of weather, and environmental weather conditions to include at times severe cold, extreme heat, wet or dry weather conditions, and high winds.
- Must have a valid, current class B driver’s license Must have had a valid driver’s license for a minimum of five (5) years.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/VA-Definitions-and-Additional-Employment-Considerations.pdf
How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local Security Certification or Public Trust clearance.
All applications must be submitted online. Applicants shall be required to register under the careers page for U.S. Embassy Kampala following instructions on the link below:
- For further assistance call 0414-306001
- 3. You will receive confirmation of registration and proceed to apply.
- On completion of this process, you will receive an auto response via your email.
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Uganda.